Personal Injury Attorneys in Crossville Helping You Strive For Justice
When it comes to areas of law, the realm of personal injury is one that has the potential to affect each and every one of us on a daily basis. This is a broad range of possibilities, encompassing a variety of incidents and accidents, and thousands of people every year are injured due to the negligence of others. From medical malpractice to road traffic incidents, anyone has the risk of being involved in a personal injury case. Our team has the skills you need to help you take your case to the top and get the compensation you and your family require.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Motor vehicle accidents are among the most common causes of personal injuries across the US, and most of us sadly have a high risk of being involved. Car accidents are most often caused by inattentive drivers or those operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are sadly on the rise, with a 145% increase in a single decade. The injuries which can be sustained from these incidents are serious, with internal bleeding, broken limbs, traumatic brain injuries, and permanent scarring all very real possibilities.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are not exempt from the risk of injury; there is a range of issues that have the potential to befall those walking down the street. Research shows that over 70,000 pedestrians are injured each year in accidents, and 4,000 of these events prove to be deadly. Essentially, stats show that a pedestrian is injured every 8 minutes, with a death every 2 hours.An accident involving a pedestrian is 1.5 times more likely to end in a fatality than one involving trucks or motor vehicles. Traffic accidents, bicycle incidents, slips and trips, and other injuries are all possibilities, and if these are proven to be as a result of a third party’s accident, you may have a case for personal injury.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicycle accidents are more common than you may think; 6 deaths occur every year in Tennessee by this method. Most of these are caused by the negligence of drivers; they open doors in front of cyclists, fail to yield to those on bicycles or fail to leave enough space when passing. If the actions of the driver contributed to your injuries, you may be able to pursue damages.
- DUI accidents: If a driver gets behind the wheel while intoxicated, the results can be catastrophic and often fatal. Almost every accident will see the involved driver subjected to a roadside breathalyzer and drug test; if these prove positive, you may be able to pursue a case for personal injury against the driver.
- Truck accidents: Trucks are large vehicles, and getting involved in an accident with them can be incredibly serious. If the driver is proven to have been negligent in their actions, such as failing to maintain the vehicle, or was distracted or driving while tired or under the influence, they may be found liable for any injuries you sustain.
- Construction/workplace accidents: Workplace accidents constitute another example of personal injuries, and they can lead to dramatic and life-changing consequences. As you may imagine, construction sites can be particular hotbeds for injuries, and an unsafe site or working condition which results in your injury could see your site manager or employer liable to pay damages and financial compensation.
- Defective products/product liability cases: Before a product hits the public market, the manufacturer and suppliers both have a responsibility to the consumers to ensure that the item is safe and fit for purpose. If this is not adhered to, and a member of the public is injured due to a faulty product, the manufacturer could be liable. In some cases, the vendor is also required to take responsibility.
- Victims of crime: Personal injuries have the potential to occur if you are the victim of a crime such as an assault, robbery, or a mugging. If the actions of the attacker directly caused your injuries, they may find themselves liable; if this is the case, they are required to pay for any damages.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice is another key area in personal injury. For many of us, the idea of becoming ill or injured while in a hospital or receiving medical treatment is a nightmare, but it can sometimes become a reality. In the event that a doctor, healthcare professional, or medical facility is found to have been negligent, and this is determined to have contributed directly to your injuries, you may be able to find them liable.
- Slips and falls: Slips, trips, and falls can also result in serious injury, and they can be caused by a number of factors including an uneven surface, failure to maintain a walkway, or knowingly allowing you to use a dangerous path. If this occurs on someone’s property, you may find that they are liable for your injuries; these could then be your key to pursuing damages.
How Can We Help?
Here at Davis Law Firm, personal injury is one of our major strengths, and our team of skilled injury attorneys has the drive and compassion you need to take your case all the way to the top.
Get in touch today at, and see how we might be able to help you take your first steps to justice.